Post : Junior Speech Scientist
Company : Nuance Communications
Experience Range: 0-3 year (Fresher can apply)
Job type : Full-time
Summary – As a member of the Nuance Professional Services team, you will be involved in the implementation of speech/speaker recognition models for enterprise firms seeking to improve their customer self-service automation through AI Conversational Bots. Projects involve multiple technical environments with a high level of customer interaction. You will be working in the full life cycle of projects including design/requirements, coding/programming, testing, installation, documentation, and providing maintenance and support.
Principal Duties/Responsibilities :
- Design, develop, and test VoiceXML grammars and create grammars for static/dynamic contexts, including natural language understanding (NLU) statistical language and semantic models.
- Analyze performance of applications by identifying hot-spots, assessing caller and user navigational success, along with recognition accuracy.
- Make recommendations related to recognition performance by improving grammars, statistical semantic models, recognition parameters, dictionaries, and acoustic models.
- Develop models for voice biometrics and analyze results with different experiments.
- Deliver analysis results to our customers to help drive their customer care application performance forward.
- Develop methodologies, scripts, procedures that improve efficiency and quality.
- Develop tools and enhance algorithms that facilitate development of new systems and optimization of language processing and speech recognition components.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders for day-to-day deliverables.
- Participate in reviews at various stages of a project lifecycle.
- Support QA, UAT and Release phases of the project.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 0-3 Years
Required Skills :
- Speech recognition/Voice biometrics knowledge, understanding of speech recognition, text classification, or other machine learning algorithms.
- Strong programming skills in either Perl, Python, Java, C/C++, SQL.
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis
- Passion for working with customers to optimize systems for their unique requirements and to apply empirical data to generate successes
- Collaborative – Motivated to work with PS team globally to understand best practices and implement solutions.
- Excellent analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about analyzing data to solve problems and improve systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact successfully with customers.
Good to have –
- Coursework or previous work experience in human computer interaction, usability studies, or statistics.
- A background in Data Science, or related fields
- Familiarity with IVR and ASR platforms and APIs.
- Experience with pattern recognition, machine learning, linguistics, or signal processing knowledge.
- Ability to speak multiple languages is a plus
Education – A BS or MS or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Computer Engineering, Cognitive Science, Computational Linguistics, Physics, Mathematics, or related field
Submit Resume: Eligible and interested candidate can submit resume here
- Hyland Software Inc Career
- Cerence Careers
- Nuance Communications Careers
- Junior Speech Scientist | Nuance Com. Recruitment | Freshers
- Software Engineering Specialist | GE Renewable Energy
Company overview: Nuance Communications, Inc. (Nuance) is a technology pioneer with market leadership in conversational AI and ambient intelligence. A full-service partner trusted by 77 percent of U.S. hospitals and 85 percent of the Fortune 100 companies worldwide, Nuance creates intuitive solutions that amplify people’s ability to help others.
We’ve pioneered speech technologies, natural language understanding, and machine learning for more than 20 years – and have 3000+ patents to prove it. When you join Nuance, you become part of our mission to positively transform the way people, work, connect, and interact. We are a trusted, full-service partner to the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retail, and government organizations, who rely on us to deliver transformative outcomes that help them push the boundaries of what’s possible.